Singapore, 20 December 2019 – Mediacorp today announced the appointment of Ms Tammie Tham to its board of directors, effective from 2 January 2020.
Ms Tham is Chief Executive Officer of Ensign InfoSecurity, one of Asia Pacific’s largest pure-play cyber-security firms offering bespoke, end-to-end security solutions to enterprises and governments globally.
Ms Tham has extensive experience running cyber businesses across the ASEAN region. Prior to Ensign, she was the Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Accel Systems & Technologies (Accel), a cybersecurity systems integrator. She led the APAC Cyber Security Business Unit at BT Frontline, a subsidiary of BT Global Services, and was responsible for expanding its cyber business in ASEAN and building a footprint in Asia Pacific. Before that, Ms Tham led the ASEAN Security Practice at IBM.
Ms Tham is on the executive committee of industry association SGTech (formerly known as SiTF). She is also a member of Cyber Security Agency’s Cyber Security Awareness Alliance, which aims to enhance awareness and promote adoption of essential cybersecurity practices, and sits on the Board of Trustees of the Singapore Institute of Technology.
Mediacorp Chairman Niam Chiang Meng said of the appointment: “Tammie has a wealth of experience in technology and especially deep expertise in leading-edge, disruptive cybersecurity. Having started a company, she is also well clued in on the need for a business to be competitive and to always look out for opportunities. We welcome Tammie to the Mediacorp board and look forward to benefitting from her insights and experience in these fields.”
Of joining the Mediacorp board, Ms Tham said: “Mediacorp plays an essential role in our community, creating content that connects and inspires people. I am excited to join the board at a time when the company is transforming from traditional broadcaster to multiplatform media network with demonstrably innovative digital content and initiatives to engage a new generation.”
The Mediacorp board of directors comprises:
- Mr Niam Chiang Meng, concurrently Chairman, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
- Ms Tham Loke Kheng, concurrently CEO, Mediacorp
- Mr Robin Hu, concurrently Head, Sustainability and Stewardship Group, Temasek International
- Mr Pang Kin Keong, concurrently Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Mr Roy Quek, concurrently Director, Thomson Medical Group
- Mr Rajesh Sreenivasan, concurrently Equity Partner, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP
- Ms Tammie Tham, concurrently CEO, Ensign InfoSecurity
- Ms Wong Su-Yen, concurrently Chairman, Nera Telecommunications
- Mr Yap Chee Keong, concurrently Director, Olam International
- Mr Zainul Abidin Rasheed, concurrently Ambassador (Non-Resident) to Kuwait.
Corporate Marketing & Communications, Mediacorp
Tel: +65 6819 7549