For immediate release
MediaCorp announces senior management appointments
Singapore, 11 March 2009 – MediaCorp has announced the following changes to its senior management ranks in line with its business objectives and succession plans. The changes will take effect from 1 April 2009.
* Mr Kenneth Liang will spearhead a new unit focusing on business opportunities in international television content. He will assume the role of Director, International Productions when he relinquishes his appointment of EVP, TV Programming and Production, Channel 5.
* Ms Lim Suat Jien will take over Kenneth's Channel 5 portfolio. Additionally, she will oversee Okto, a channel with children's programming as its focus. Her new appointment will be EVP - Channel 5 and Okto.
* Ms Ong Lay Hong, currently a senior vice president at Channel NewsAsia's China operations, will assume Suat Jien's current responsibilities overseeing MediaCorp's ethnic TV channels. Lay Hong's new appointment is MD - Suria and Vasantham.
* Ms Doreen Neo, SVP of Studios Business distribution unit, will additionally helm a newly formed TV Content Distribution unit. This unit consolidates all of the company's distribution activities across all genres -- drama, documentaries, info-educational, lifestyle etc.
Kenneth, Suat Jien, Lay Hong and Doreen will report to Mr Chang Long Jong, Deputy CEO, Television.
* Ms Debra Soon, currently Chief Editor of TV News, will be appointed MD - Channel NewsAsia. She will succeed Mr Woon Tai Ho who has decided to pursue other interests.
* Ms Florence Lian, currently helming communications and marketing activities, will take on the appointment of MD, Radio, from Mr Philip Koh. This will enable Mr Koh to focus on his other portfolios as MD, Press and Media Research Consultants, as well as undertake certain strategic business development projects.
Debra, Florence and Philip will report to Mr Shaun Seow, Deputy CEO, News, Radio, Print.
On the management changes, MediaCorp CEO Lucas Chow says, "We need to align our organization structure and leadership to our business strategies. We have a few priorities, like expanding our content business and our international footprint. The changes reflect some of these priorities. They are also the fruition of our succession planning, and I am confident this will boost our management bench strength."
Issued by Corporate Communications, MediaCorp
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Vice President
MediaCorp Pte Ltd
Tel : (65) 6350 3343
Fax : (65) 6251 5628
E-mail : email@example.com
MediaCorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies and digital media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, MediaCorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil), reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Our industry firsts include the Digital Video Broadcast technology for outdoor digital television, and Asia’s first Digital Audio Broadcast radio service. Initiatives in the digital space include online classifieds, Internet TV-on-demand and High Definition TV broadcast.
MediaCorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, the only Asian-owned English news channel.
Our financial and strategic relationships in the region since 2007, include a venture with Indonesia's most integrated media company PT Media Nusantara Citra and its parent, Global Mediacom, leading Chinese outdoor advertising firm Nanjing-based Dahe Media Pte Ltd and International Media Corporation in Vietnam, set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asia Television's Broadcaster of the Year, MediaCorp’s vision is to become Asia’s top media company, delivering valued content to the world.
For more information, please visit www.mediacorp.com.sg
For immediate release