For immediate release
MediaCorp broadcasts key National Day Programmes ‘live’ for Singapore citizens and worldwide audience
Singapore, 4 August 2015 – To mark Singapore’s Golden Jubilee celebrations this year, MediaCorp will broadcast a series of key National Day programmes across its multiple platforms. Specifically for worldwide audiences, these programmes are available online – for free – on MediaCorp’s over-the-top video service Toggle (www.toggle.sg) and also on Channel NewsAsia website at channelnewsasia.com/nd2015.
1. National Day Message
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will deliver the National Day Message in English, Chinese and Malay on 8 August across MediaCorp television, radio stations and Toggle, with repeat broadcasts on 9 August 2015. Mr S Iswaran, Minister, Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Home Affairs and Second Minister for Trade and Industry, will deliver the message in Tamil. The National Day Message will be captioned in the respective broadcast languages.
The text and video clips of the National Day Message in four languages will be available online at channelnewsasia.com/nd2015 and Toggle Catch-up (http://www.toggle.sg/catchup) from 8 August after its first television broadcast.
The TV and radio broadcast schedule is found in Annex I.
2. Proclamation of Singapore
On 9 August 1965, the Proclamation of Singapore’s independence was delivered by radio announcers. In remembrance of that momentous occasion, the Proclamation will be aired again on Singapore’s 50th birthday. For this special broadcast, the Proclamation will be from a recording made by Singapore’s founding father, the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew. The broadcast will be preceded by the sounding of sirens across Singapore.
At 9am on 9 August 2015, all MediaCorp TV channels and radio stations will carry the Proclamation of Singapore. For worldwide audiences, this is available ‘live’ and as catchup on Toggle (toggle.sg). This will be followed by a repeat of the National Day Message on all MediaCorp TV channels and on MediaCorp’s four language information radio stations (938LIVE, Capital 95.8FM, Warna 94.2FM and Oli 96.8FM) in its respective language version.
3. National Day Parade
MediaCorp will broadcast the National Day Parade (NDP) ‘live’ on 9 August across multiple platforms - TV, radio, online and out-of-home.
- Channel 5, Channel 8, Channel U, okto, Suria and Vasantham (5.25pm to 8.25pm).
- Channel NewsAsia International feed from 5.40pm Singapore / Hong Kong / Manila time.
- The details for the encore telecast are listed in Annex 3.
- 938LIVE, Capital 95.8FM, Warna 94.2FM and Oli 96.8FM (5.40pm to 8.15pm in English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil respectively).
- Toggle.sg (Simulcast of Channel 5, Channel 8, Suria and Vasantham from 5.25pm to 8.25pm)
- channelnewsasia.com/nd2015 (5.40pm to 8.25pm).
- Viewers who wish to watch a repeat broadcast or video on demand clips of this year’s NDP may catch it on Toggle Catchup TV (http://www.toggle.sg/catchup) and Channel NewsAsia (channelnewsasia.com/nd2015).
Out of Home
- Outdoor and indoor screens: Bugis Village and Chinatown Point with the latter showing the version with Mandarin voice-over.
- Indoor screens: Junction8 and The Star Vista.
- Outdoor screens: iFly (Sentosa), JCube, Orchard Gateway and Westgate.
- Bus shelters along Orchard Road and Scotts Road (See Annex 2 for the full list of the bus shelters).
Live Twitter coverage with exclusive video highlights will be posted on MediaCorp’s Twitter account https://twitter.com/mediacorp (@mediacorp).
4. National Day Rally
Telecast of this year’s National Day Rally will be made at a later date.
Issued by Brand and Communications, MediaCorp.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Manager, Brand and Communications
MediaCorp has the widest range of media platforms in Singapore spanning digital, television, radio, print and out-of-home media. Its mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity. MediaCorp pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the radio broadcast in 1936 and television broadcast in 1963. Today, the company has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil), reaching out to virtually all adults in Singapore weekly. MediaCorp is an active regional player through Channel NewsAsia International, drama co-productions and collaborations in magazine publishing and online media. Its investments include majority share in Kapanlagi Network, Indonesia’s largest independent digital media and in Malaysia’s digital games publisher Cubinet Interactive. It also has stakes in Reebonz, one of the region’s fastest growing luxury online retailers, and Vietnam television’s International Media Corporation. MediaCorp was named Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year for the eleventh time at the Asian Television Awards in 2015.
For more information, please visit mediacorp.sg.
National Day Message telecast details
Language Start Time Channels/Stations
English 8 Aug 6.45pm Channel NewsAsia (simulcast on Toggle)
8 Aug 7.35pm 938LIVE
8 Aug 9.30pm Channel 5 (simulcast on Toggle)
8 Aug 10pm okto
9 Aug 1pm Channel NewsAsia
9 Aug 5.15pm Channel 5, okto
Mandarin 8 Aug 8.25pm Capital 95.8FM
8 Aug 8.45pm Channel 8 (simulcast on Toggle)
8 Aug 11.30pm Channel U
9 Aug 5.10pm Channel 8, Channel U
Malay 8 Aug 8.30pm Suria (simulcast on Toggle)
8 Aug 9.05pm Warna 94.2FM
9 Aug 5.10pm Suria
Tamil 8 Aug 9pm Vasantham (simulcast on Toggle)
8 Aug 9.10pm Oli 96.8FM
9 Aug 5pm Vasantham
Locations of 18 bus shelters to catch National Day Parade ‘Live’
- Anson Rd B03 – International Building
- Fullerton Rd B01 – Fullerton Hotel
- Grange Rd B07 – opp Tanglin shopping
- Marina Boulevard B01 – The Sails
- Napier Rd B01 – British Council
- Napier Rd B02 – The Interpol
- Nicoll Highway B03 – The Concourse
- Orchard Rd B08 – Orchard Plaza
- Orchard Rd B10 – Midpoint Building
- Orchard Rd B14 – Lucky Plaza
- Orchard Rd B16 – Tangs Plaza
- Orchard Rd B20 – Delfi Orchard
- River Valley Rd B02 – Fort Canning Park
- Scotts Rd B05 – Opp Far East Plaza
- Scotts Rd B06 – Far East Plaza
- Scotts Rd B07 – Royal Plaza Scotts
- Serangoon Rd B02 – Tekka Centre
- Tanglin Rd B01 – Opp St. Regis Hotel
National Day Parade TV encore telecast details
English: Saturday 15 August 2015 3pm - Channel 5
Mandarin: Sunday 16 August 2015 2.30pm - Channel 8
Malay: Sunday 16 August 2015 3pm - Suria
Tamil: Monday 17 August 2015 3pm - Vasantham