For immediate release
MediaCorp channels and publications scoop major wins in prestigious marketing and editorial awards
Singapore, 1 July 2011 - MediaCorp swept a haul of 21 awards at the PromaxBDA World Gold Awards 2011, the Magnum Opus Awards and the APEX Awards for Publication Excellence.
MediaCorp won 19 awards at the 2011 PromaxBDA World Gold Awards held in New York City on June 30, 2011. This annual international award honours the best in promotion and marketing as well as the best design work from companies or individuals which have been broadcast/published or released worldwide. Notable wins include Channel 5, 8 and U's wins for their promotional efforts across an integrated platform which included the use of social media and interactive marketing. The award also proved to be a windfall for Channel U, who registered its biggest win ever at the award. Pang Siew Moi, Executive Vice-President, Channel U, says "Channel U's strategy was to focus on out-of-the-box solutions and consistent execution. This dedication has been rewarded. Riding on this year's success, the Channel U team will create more exciting and innovative campaigns that will attract new audiences". (More details on the PromaxBDA wins in Annex 1)
On its print platforms, MediaCorp's Customised Publishing division received two honours.
At the Magnum Opus Awards, Contact South East, a title published for the Southeast Community Development Council (CDC) won Bronze for Best Public Service Series or Article Print/Newsletter, and Xtra-hyper, a title published for Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore (NP) was given Honourable Mention for Best All Around School/University Publication. The Magnum Opus Awards is the leading custom media awards recognising excellence in editorial, design and strategy for organizations using print and online publications as well as social media in their content marketing efforts.
At the APEX Awards for Publication Excellence, HIGHWAY, a title published for the Automobile Association of Singapore (AAS), was awarded the Most Improved Magazines & Journals. (More details on the winning titles in Annex 2).
Speaking on the wins, Jessie Sng, Managing Director, Publishing, MediaCorp said, "These awards put MediaCorp's custom titles in a well deserved spotlight. It attests to the standards delivered to our clients. We will continue to pursue award-winning quality in our titles".
Issued by Corporate Communications, MediaCorp.
For more information, please contact:
MediaCorp is Singapore's leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore's broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, MediaCorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil), reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Our industry firsts include the Digital Video Broadcast technology for outdoor digital television, and Asia's first Digital Audio Broadcast radio service. Initiatives in the digital space include online classifieds, Internet TV-on-demand and High Definition TV broadcast.
MediaCorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationships in the region since 2007 include a venture with Indonesia's most integrated media company PT Media Nusantara Citra and its parent, Global Mediacom, and International Media Corporation in Vietnam, set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, MediaCorp's vision is to become Asia's top media company, delivering valued content to the world.
For more information, please visit www.mediacorp.com.sg
Promotion and Marketing Award
1. Promotional Items Campaign - "Fann With U" t-shirt & recycled bag, Channel U,
2. Daytime Programme Spot - The Little Nyonya, Channel 8,
3. Interstitial/"Promo-tainment"/Movie Wraps Campaign - Walking with Dinosaurs Junket Interstitial, Channel 5
4. Sports Programme Promotion-Interactive - World Cup 2010, Interactive Media
5. Comedy Programme Promotion Campaign Using Integrated Media - Anything Goes, Channel 5
6. Dramatic Programme Campaign Using Integrated Media - The Family Court, Channel 8
7. Non-fiction/Reality Programming Campaign Using Integrated Media, Stars For A Cause, Channel U
1. Sales Promotion Collateral/Specialty - Channel 5 Point of Entry Out-Of-Office Post-Its, Marketing Communications
2. Sports Programme Promotion Interactive - Singapore Night Race F1 microsite, Interactive Media
3. Comedy Programme Promotion Campaign Using Integrated Media - Noose 3D, Channel 5
1. Interstitial/"Promo-tainment"/Movie Wraps Campaign, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Junket Interstitial, Channel 5
2. Interactive Applications Promotion, The Family Court QR Code, Channel 8
3. Holiday/Season/Special Event Programme Campaign Using Integrated Media, Christmas Bonanza 2010, Channel 5
1. Topical Publication Advertising Campaign-Colour, The Illisionist Campaign, Channel U
1. Topical Publication Advertising-Colour, U're The Man, Channel U
2. Display, Gorgeous Collection Booth, Channel U
3. E-communications, Funamanic Invite, Channel U
4. Promotional Item, Channel 8 Precious Babe in-soles, Marketing Communications
1. Display, Personal Taste Standee, Channel U
HIGHWAY, Apex 2011
Cars, community and campus life proved to be the winning subjects for MediaCorp's Customised Publishing unit. HIGHWAY, a title published for the Automobile Association of Singapore (AAS), was awarded the Most Improved Magazines & Journals APEX Award of Excellence at Apex 2011. The bi-monthly publication that is exclusive to AAS members was revamped to project a breezier lifestyle read to project the joys of motoring. Changes made included those to its cover concept; the new look featured celebrity/ personality motorists and their cars, as well as to its design, with better use of white space and consistent use of colour.
Contact South East & Xtra-hyper,2011 Magnum Opus Awards
Contact South East, a title published for the Southeast Community Development Council (CDC), bagged the bronze for Best Public Service Series or Article Print/Newsletter at the 2011 Magnum Opus Awards. It is published bi-monthly and aims to inform residents of the CDC's various community initiatives and welfare schemes. It features 慹veryday' faces and themes on its pages to encourage a sense of familiarity.
At the same awards, Xtra-hyper, a title published for Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore (NP) was given Honourable Mention for Best All Around School/University Publication. Xtra-hyper is an extension of Hyper, the campus magazine for NP. It showcases the courses and co-curricular activities offered on the NP campus. More of a teenage magazine than a read-down-the-list course selection booklet, it strives to entice school leavers to make NP their choice for further education. (More about the awards can be found at end of this document.)