Abbdul Kather forayed into the media industry as a child artist 18 years ago and has acted in award-winning dramas such as “Match Stick – the musical”, “Gurupaarvai”.
He won the ‘Best Child Artiste award’ at the local television award ceremony ‘Pradhana Vizha’ in 2000 and 2002 respectively.
His debut theatre play was 'What Price Love?' - a Tamil stage play by Mirror Theatre. Some of his other theatre acting credentials include 'Kalinga Trilogy' directed by Vadi PVSS and ‘Murasu’ by Ravindran Drama Group.
In 2017, he made his film debut in ‘JOE - The Black Assassin’ and his performance was widely appreciated by the masses.
He empowered himself with essential production experiences when he worked as an assistant director in Blue River Pictures from 2009 to 2014. His interest for film production increased when he worked in various television programmes. In 2010, he worked as the first assistant director for the local tamil feature-film “Gurushetram – 24 hours of Anger” which was screened globally including Singapore, Malaysia and India.
He is a proud recipient of the ITE Gold Medalist award in Nitec in Digital audio and Video production and also, a Diploma in Film, Sound and Video from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
In 2019, as a producer/presenter on Oli 968, he has produced quality radio programs and digital videos to educate, entertain and enrich the Indian community.
- 2019 ‘14’ – Vasantham Muthal Paarvai, Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2018 Solla Marantha Kathaigal, Spectraa Productions Pte Ltd
- 2017 Enna Nadakkuthu Season 6, Tantra Inc.
- 2017 Lingam Stores, Pencil Avenue Pte Ltd
- 2015 Tamil.com, Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2011 Give. Do Not Take! Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2011 Karka Tamil (Let’s Learn Tamil) – Puppeteer, Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2008 Ilamai Connection (Youth Connection), Punch Productions
- 2008 Nagaril Naragasuran (Demon in the City), Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2006 Padigal (Steps), ‘Best Drama’ - Pradhana Vizha 2007, Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2005 Subramani & Friends, Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2004 Gurupaarvai (Guru’s Perspective), ‘Most Popular Drama’ - Pradhana Vizha 2004, Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2003 Match Stick - The Musical, Certificate of Distinction - New York Festivals 2004, Certificate of Recognition- ABU/CASBA UNICEF Child Rights Award 2004, Special Mention Award - Pradhana Vizha 2004, Blue River Pictures Pte Ltd
- 2002 Pirai (Crescent), Eagle Vision Productions
- 2001 Siruvargal Nangal 2 (We are Children), Eagle Vision Productions
- 2000 Masthana Masthana Variety Show, Eagle Vision Productions
- 1999 Siruvargal Nangal (We are Children), Eagle Vision Productions
- 2007 Kalinga Trilogy part 2 - “The Separation”, Nomination for Ensemble Cast & Best Play -ST Life! Theatre Awards, Miror Theatre Productions
- 2005 Kaathal Enna Vilai? (What Price Love?), Miror Theatre Productions
- 2017 Joe - The Black Assassin (Tamil), 360 Productions Pte Ltd -Released on 10th July 2017, Film was screened successfully for 25 days in Singapore. Films ran successfully for 2 weeks in Malaysia.
- 2019 Host - Enna Nadakkuthu Season 7, Tantra Inc.
Awards and Achievements
- 2011 ITE COLLEGE WEST – Nitec in Digital Audio and Video Production - Gold Medallist Award
- 2004 National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA) - Bronze Award
- 2002 - Mediacorp Vasantham Central’s - Pradhana Vizha award ceremony, Best Child Artiste’ award winner
- 2000 - Mediacorp Vasantham Central’s - Pradhana Vizha award ceremony, Best Child Artiste’ award winner