- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage. Mediacorp Services may contain links to other websites, applications and other services. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites, applications and other services and we advise you to read the privacy statements of such websites, applications and other services you visit which collects personal information.
What is the information used for?
Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by us for the following purposes:
- To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by us.
- To provide goods and services by us or by our designated representatives and/or business partners to you or to parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from us.
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
- To conduct statistical analysis of the users of the Mediacorp Services including the number of users, the frequency of use, profile of users and using such analysis for our business plans, the enhancement of our products and services, targeted advertisements and conveying such information in broad terms (but not information in relation to specific individuals) to third parties who have or propose to have business dealings with us.
- To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeeds and/or abuse or for the purposes of taking legal action against any users.
Can you opt out?
In the event that you wish for us to discontinue the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for any of the above purposes, you may also write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the same.
Whenever we send you any marketing information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe. For example, our e-newsletters will have unsubscribe links.
Can you access, correct or delete your personal data?
You may update your personal information at any time by accessing your account(s) with us. You may also update or request for the deletion of your personal information by writing to us at email@example.com.
Will your personal information be shared with anyone?
- We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
- We will only share your personal details with a third party for the purposes and situations as described above, or for other purposes where we have your consent to do so.
For the avoidance of doubt, you consent to:
(a) Mediacorp and/or Mediacorp’s group companies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes and situations as described above;
(b) Mediacorp and/or Mediacorp’s group companies transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s and/or Mediacorp’s group companies’ third party service providers or agents for the purposes and situations as described above.
How is your data protected?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access and other similar risks. Access to your account(s) is password protected. Thus, no other party, including Mediacorp employees, can change the information. However, you must remember to log off from your account and close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access. You are responsible for the safe-keeping of your password. You must not, at any time, disclose your password to any third party. We will not be responsible and you agree that you will not hold us responsible for any losses or damage incurred by you whatsoever caused by your non-compliance to any of the foregoing. All information gathered by Mediacorp is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorised Mediacorp staff using assigned user ids and passwords. In certain areas, Mediacorp uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Mediacorp may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our platforms. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the changes. You agree that your continued use of our products and services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified policy.
When you access, use and/or interact with the Mediacorp Services, we or our authorized service providers may use "cookies", “web beacons” and other tracking technologies where small data files are sent to your browser, application or device to store and track information about you. The cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, online behavioral data, profiles of users and their preferred sites. They enable our own system to recognise you when you visit us again, enhance your web-viewing experience and allow for more effective online targeted advertising. You may accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser, application or device, if the browser, application or device so permits. However, note that you may not be able to use all interactive features on the Mediacorp Services if cookies have been disabled completely. While this cookie can tell us when you interact with the Mediacorp Services and which pages you visit, it cannot access other data including from your computer or storage device and it does not contain information intended to identify you personally.
Mediacorp does not utilise persistent cookies to track, or target advertisements to, persons who are resident in the European Union.
This policy is subject to any existing laws of the Republic of Singapore in relation to the protection of information and if required by any lawful authority for any legal purposes such as the enforcement of any laws or to prevent the breaching of any laws, we shall release all such information as is legally required by the requisite and lawful authority in accordance with the directions of the lawful court of the competent jurisdiction.
1 Stars Avenue
(Attention: Data Protection Officer)
Tel: (65) 6333 3888
Please note that we may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.